When Bill Ward, the drummer from Black Sabbath, was asked about his Top 10 Metal Albums there was a surprise. Dead Cross’ debut album was on the list, even before it has been released.
Rolling Stone recently interviewed Bill Ward, the original drummer from Black Sabbath, about his favorite 10 Metal Albums. It came as a bit of a surprise but the debut, yet to be released Dead Cross album made the list. Ward’s list spans from now all the way back to 1971, and he had this to say about the debut album:
I saw Dead Cross last year in Los Angeles and I was just blown away. I was mesmerized. I thought, “My God, they’re fucking incredible.”
Now, a new Dead Cross has arrived with Mike Patton on vocals, and I love Mike Patton, all the way back from Faith No More. I only got this record three weeks ago, and so far, it’s just kicking fucking ass. And they’re using sound effects, too, by the way, on this record.
Of course, I’m attracted to Dave [Lombardo]’s drumming. There are crescendos, there are battering ram-type drum fills, and lots of tom-toms. Very melodic toms. Just twists and turns in the sound of the band. A lot of speed stuff on this record. It’s just great. Patton sounds great, man. He sounds totally on.
And here’s the other albums in the list.
- Black Sabbath Master of Reality (1971)
- Metallica Metallica (1991)
- Slipknot .5: The Gray Chapter (2014)
- Judas Priest The Best of Judas Priest: Living After Midnight (1997)
- Motörhead The Wörld Is Yours (2010)
- Type O Negative October Rust (1996)
- Krisiun Southern Storm (2008)
- Fear Factory Mechanize (2010)
- DevilDriver Beast (2011)
- Dead Cross Dead Cross (2017)
You can read the full article here.